Homestake Canada Inc.
Eskay Creek Mine
Eskay Creek, BC, Canada
SIZE / CAPACITY
50 tons per hour
- Conceptual Design
- Struct./Mech. Engineering
- Design & Supply Of Control System
- Supply/Fabrication of all Equipment
- Supervision of Equipment Installation
- Commissioning and Training
- 2 Compartment Aggregate Storage Bin
- Aggregate Weigh Hopper
- Aggregate Belt Conveyor
- Teka Pan Mixer
- Cement Silo
- Cement Weigh Hopper
- Concrete Holding Hopper
- Dust Collection System
- Water Storage Tank
- Control Room with MCC/PLC System
- Mixer and Silo Support Structure
- Fully Cladded and Insulated Enclosures
- Pneumatic Control System
Eskay Creek Mine is located in British Columbia, north of Stewart and is one of Canada’s premier gold mine operations.
Team Mixing Technologies was commissioned by Homestake Canada Inc. to design and manufacture a cemented rockfill plant. This batch plant, located at the mine’s lower portal, mixes aggregate, cement, and water, yielding a premixed cemented rockfill. The plant incorporates a 3000 litre Teka pan mixer. The entire process runs automatically using a Modicon programmable controller and touchscreen, which is connected via a communications network to other PLCs at the mine.
This plant was prefabricated and shipped in modules. TMT’s contract included civil engineering, motor control center, erection supervision and operator training. This plant is equally capable of producing high quality concrete and shotcrete, in addition to cemented rockfill.