SIZE / CAPACITY
- Conceptual Design
- Structural/Mechanical Engineering
- Design & Supply of Control System
- Supply/Fabrication of all Equipment
- Supervision of Equipment Installation
- Commissioning and Training
- 2000 liter Colloidal Mixer
- 5500 litre Agitation Tank
- Two Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Dust Collection System
- Slurry Agitator
- Automated PLC/MCC Control System
- Pneumatic Control System
- All Required Piping and Valving
Already a major zinc mining country, Ireland is now one of Europe’s most important producers of zinc and lead concentrates with the development of the Lisheen Mine in County Tipperary.
Team Mixing Technologies designed and commissioned this batch plant to produce cementitious slurry for use in the main paste backfill system at Lisheen. The slurry produced is eventually blended with refined mine tailings from the deep cone thickener to become finished pastefill used to fill underground stopes.
Feed screws from exterior silos supply Team’s plant with cement and blast slag (GGBS), an inert filler used in the slurry.
Consumption of slurry, controlled by the main paste backfill system is a continuous process. PCP pump speeds are adjusted by this system via variable speed drives (VFDs) to coincide with the refined mine tailings feed in a twin-shaft continuous mixer.