Traylor Brothers Inc.
San Vicente Water Tunnel
San Diego, CA, USA
SIZE / CAPACITY
12 m3/hour per plant
- Conceptual Design
- Structural/Mechanical Engineering
- Fabrication of all Equipment
- Commissioning, Training & Site-Support
- SD1000 Colloidal Mixer c/w 2 colloidal mills
- 2000 liter Agitation Tank
- Admixture & Sodium Silicate Dispenser
- Horizontal Gravimetric Feed Bins
- Feed Screws & Dust Collection System
- Automated PLC/MCC Controls
- Batch Data Collection
- Water & Pneumatic Systems
- High Pressure Peristaltic Pumps
As part of the 17.7km San Vicente water pipeline project in San Diego, Traylor Brothers Inc. required two automated grouting systems for back-grouting of the concrete segmental lining behind a 3.5m diameter TBM.
Team was assigned the task of designing, fabricating and commissioning two separate automated slurry plants which combine cement, flyash, bentonite and water along with a retarding admix in a high shear colloidal mixer. Batches are held in an agitation tank until pumped underground to a holding tank within the TBM.
A dispenser and peristaltic pump system are also used to feed a sodium silicate solution to the TBM.
Horizontal silos, requiring no vertical erection by crane, were a stipulation on this project. Cement is contained in one whereas the second is split to contain both flyash and bentonite, which then sits directly atop the colloidal mixer and agitank.