Turquoise Ridge (Slurry Plant)

 

Location

Turquoise Ridge JV
Turquoise Ridge Mine
Golconda, Nevada, USA

SIZE / CAPACITY
16 m3/hr

SERVICES PROVIDED

  • Conceptual Design
  • Structural/Mechanical Engineering
  • Design & Supply of Control System
  • Supply/Fabrication of all Equipment
  • Supervision of Equipment Installation
  • Commissioning and Training

SUPPLIED EQUIPMENT

  • 1000 liter Colloidal Mixer
  • Cement Storage Hopper
  • Three Screw Conveyors
  • Dust Collection System
  • Slurry Dispensing Head
  • MCC/PLC System
  • Pneumatic Control System
  • All Required Piping and Valves

The Turquoise Ridge property is located in the Potosi Mining District, about 70 kilometres northeast of Winnemucca, Nevada, on the eastern flank of the Osgood Mountains. Barrick Gold is the operator and 75% owner of the mine with Newmont Mining owning the remaining 25%. The mine uses underhand cut-and-fill mining methods due to the relatively low rock quality in the ore zones.

When the mine was initially developed, Team Mixing Technologies designed a compact SD1000 colloidal mixer based slurry system for initial cemented rockfill production until the main backfill plant could be constructed and brought on-line.

The slurry plant was fed by two cement silos which were later used for the main underground CRF plant. The plant supplied cementitious slurry to haul trucks loaded with aggregate on surface.

Typical of all Team’s colloidal systems, the plant was self-cleaning, after every batch. The plant featured the Mk III colloidal mills featuring an improved sealing system with automatic grease purging.