Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
SIZE / CAPACITY
7.9 m3 per hour
- Conceptual Design
- Structural/Mechanical Engineering
- Design & Supply of Control System
- Supply/Fabrication of all Equipment
- Supervision of Equipment Installation
- Commissioning and Training
- 2500 litre Colloidal Mixer (1)
- 1000 litre Colloidal Mixer (2)
- Two Progressive Cavity Pumps
- Two 20 Tonne Storage Silos
- Two Surge Hoppers
- Three Dust Collectors
- Six Screw Conveyors
- Rotary Screw Pump
- Air Compressor
- Structural Support Skids
- Protective Cages for Mobile Equipment
- PLC/MCC System
- Pneumatic Control System
- All Required Piping and Valving
Team Mixing Technologies supplied three separate fully automated, modular backfill systems for the Birchtree mine over a four-year span.
Each plant included a cement storage hopper with integral dust collector, screw conveyors to supply binder to a colloidal mixer, progressive cavity pump and fully automated control system. The first system was built around a 2500 litre, four-mill colloidal mixer, while the second and third designs included a 1000 litre, two-mill mixer.
A 20 tonne capacity cement storage hopper with pneumatic screw pump and air compressor was subsequently supplied with the second plant. A second silo was later added to facilitate movement of the plant to a new mining level.
The plants components are designed to be broken down into small modular pieces to allow for transport underground via the mine cage, and then re-assembly without any additional welding. All systems were pre-fit, assembled and tested at our facility and C.S.A. approved prior to delivery to the mine.
Each plant is designed to be frequently relocated through the mine, and was fabricated in four sections with quick-disconnects for electrical, air, and water services.